Monday, September 2, 2013

Raspberry Pi Journal #17

Installing GIMP


Now that I have AbiWord, the next thing I want to have would be a paint program. GIMP fit the bill, so I installed it next:

sudo apt-get install gimp

Easy enough to do. Not a problem.


That's the logo you'll see when you download Gimp. Pretty neat, eh?



Okay. Here's the first problem. I don't know what to do. Sure GIMP is very powerful, but the user interface is kind of cryptic. I'm having trouble doing everything. I did play around with it, but nothing too fancy.



I can't even choose color! How bad is that? Not to mention, I missed my Wacom tablet. Oh, dear. I must rethink this over. I was hoping there'd be an easy integration with AbiWord. If there is, I never did find it.



This is the message that I get when I quit the program. I don't know what happens here, but I don't like it. Oh, well. I guess GIMP and raspberry pi are not compatible with one another. Too bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment