Monday, September 30, 2013

Cooking Journal #6

Chicken Nugget


Well, if you're like me, you probably like to eat chicken nuggets. Truthfully, I don't cook them all that often. Too much hassle! Still, from time to time, it's okay.


And it's not that big of a deal. I simply slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and deep fry them. What I like to do is do it on medium heat. This particular batch was actually done on low heat. The chicken brown fine, but they came out dry. Very dry.

The heat convection will need to penetrate the meat, so be careful that you cook it all the way through. Low heat yields nice, well-cooked chicken, but unless you do sous-vide, it's best to use medium heat. That way, the meat outside will be nice and crispy, while the meat inside is still tender and juicy.

Another thing, is that I didn't put anything on the meat. Just the chicken and the cooking oil. You can see that I put enough oil to cover the meat. And I have a special drying rack for the meat to drip free of oil. So, the sensation is pure. I understand that people, in general, would prefer condiment to go along with it. If you go to some fast food restaurant, then you have some idea what kind. I usually go with BBQ sauce, although Sriracha is plenty good also.

No comments:

Post a Comment