Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Raspberry Pi Journal #18

Installing MTPAINT

After my disastrous experience with GIMP, I tried a different tack. I downloaded mtpaint.

sudo apt-get install mtpaint

And it installed no problem. I see mtPaint under Graphics menu. So I set out to use it. It's pretty simple to use.


Oh, look! Colors! I can do coloring with this program! Okay, so maybe that's not a big deal, but I was having trouble with GIMP, remember?



And adding text is not a problem either. Looks like I mastered this program already, and it's not even 15 minutes. That's my kind of program!



Now that I've done experimenting, let's see if we can do something nice. Let's put a picture on an AbiWord document. Create new picture.



Do a quick classical masterpiece. Add some text. Put colors in. All in all, a great and wonderful new art work. Done in less than 5 minutes! What a deal!



There it is in AbiWord. Looks like adding a picture is not a problem at all. There's only one thing to do now, and that is print it out.



Ta-da! That's how I want it done. Too bad my laser printer isn't color, but I don't expect miracles. There's always crayon if I want color, right?

Adding picture to word processor: Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment