Saturday, September 21, 2013

Raspberry Pi Journal #26

Slim Pi Project


Yeah, I've always wondered how it goes. Hey, $25 is cheap enough to experiment. So, I bought a Raspberry Pi model A. Then I proceeded to remove the audio, video, and capacitor from it. The ethernet and USB hub are already gone. So far, it still works!

There's something interesting, though. When I removed the capacitor (by yanking it out of its socket, of course), the HDMI stopped working. I wonder if the capacitor gives enough current stability to the HDMI? Oh, well. I've always been planning to do it headless, anyway.


Although broken capacitor is technically covered under warranty, I don't think it applies in this case, considering that it is self-inflicted. I suppose I now truly own the device.

I guess this reminds me of frog dissection. Why would you want to open up a frog? Sorry. It's for science.

^_^;

No comments:

Post a Comment