Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Raspberry Pi Journal #31


Package List and Update


So, the Foundation finally updated their package list. Naturally, I'm curious as to what changes are afoot. So, I did what is natural. I simply dump all package names with what I have right now. I call it pack1.txt

apt-cache pkgnames >pack1.txt

Then I do an update and dump all the package names into pack2.txt

apt-get update
apt-cache pkgnames >pack2.txt

Finally, I did a diff between the two.

diff pack1.txt pack2.txt

And all the new package names appear, just like that!

 pypy-upstream-dev
 pypy-upstream-doc
 python-pifacecommon
 python3-pifacedigitalio
 python3-pifacedigital-scratch-handler
 python3-pifacedigital-emulator
 oracle-java7-jdk
 python-pifacedigitalio
 python3-pifacecommon

The update also mention SonicPi, and searching for it yields sonic-pi package name.

apt-cache search sonic
apt-cache show sonic-pi

No comments:

Post a Comment