Monday, October 28, 2013

Cooking Journal #10


Hashbrown


I bought a sack of Russell potato from Idaho. The package says that it's good for frying. Actually, it doesn't matter what kind of potato. As long as it says Idaho on the box, it's good.


I sliced the potato thinly, like as if I'm making some potato chips. Ummm. Yes, that's a Buck knife. Not a kitchen knife.



Next I sliced it again. This time perpendicularly. Notice now that the potato are little strings standing upright.



Next step is to fry them. I didn't use anything, except a spoonful of oil. It works fine as-is, but cooking time is too long for me. I guess I just don't have the patience to do it. The potato sticks together, so I have no problem flipping it for even cooking.



Serve with fried egg and sausages. That's a good hearty breakfast! It does take too long to prepare, but doing it once a week isn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment