Monday, December 2, 2013

Cooking Journal #15


FoodSaver

I usually buy my food by bulk. Of course, I need to save them for a long time. I like to wrap them for long storage in the freezer. The best kind would be FoodSaver vacuum bagger. Admittedly, it's a little bit over kill for freezing chicken.



The bag I use is split in the middle for portioning. It's just a long piece of plastic, so you can cut it however long you want. If you want to make a bag, you need to seal it. Use the seal button on the left.



My regular portion is a leg and a thigh. I put in a spoonful of Teriyaki sauce for marination. Just a little. You don't want too much liquid to drip in the device.



Then it's a simple matter of Vac and Seal.



And store in the refrigerator for some marinating time.



The truth is, you don't need the fancy vacuum machine. A simple cling wrap works just as well, cheaper and more convenient to boot. The wrapping quality isn't as good, so use the meat quickly.



Frying them takes some time. It all depends on the thickness of the meat. The leg will cook in about half-hour and a thigh slightly longer than that. No need to bread the chicken. It's good as-is.






No comments:

Post a Comment