Monday, November 2, 2020

Raspberry Pi 400 is Released

 News from early this morning: 

https://youtu.be/P1E5xszQqV8

That's Christopher Barnatt from Explaining Computers who is obviously very excited to share the news. Rightly so.

I'm comparing this to Spectrum Next and its successor Spectrum Next 2, and Raspi 4 wins hands down. It's an excellent value for the money! Not to mention that it is in perfect shape to include in your bug out bag, for those of you prepping for the apocalypse. I'm holding out for an 8 GB model, since I'm an artist and we deal with RAM hungry apps all the time. The only time VM is acceptable is when doing USB boot with SSD.

http://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2020/im-booting-my-raspberry-pi-4-usb-ssd

Jeff Geerling has done a fantastic job detailing the process, and I'm sold! I will be seriously thinking about adding SSD to the stable.

Most people who have seen it agree that it's a nice device with cool form factor. Some people have a little bit wish for a slightly different form factor. I'm no different. Let me tell you that the fact that this exist really warms my heart. It's as close to perfection as can be.

I do wonder why they still use micro HDMI instead of regular size ones? I think there's enough space, so probably cost and manufacturing concerns. No big deal. I'm just curious. 




No comments:

Post a Comment