Wednesday, November 18, 2020

DIY Typing tutor

 


The Typing Tutor program is coming along well. I have finished making up 21 lesson plans, and daily practice will come from there. Quotes will need some quotations, like typeracer. Badword is words you mistyped. Custom will be like custom lessons similar to keybr. Retry is basically repeating the practice without it creating new text.

Another improvement is that the timer won't start until you start typing. It is very desirable behavior. I still can't believe that it's possible to be done in bash.

So far so good. I still have to decide in file/directory structure. I will also use some hidden files. Maybe also change the scoring,  instead of word based, it'll be character based. That will give me higher scores.

Coding it isn't really that hard. Design, that's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment