Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Musing Journal #2


Schedule

It is amazing how a little planning can go a long way. I have been doing it ad-hoc, doing improvisation along the way. It works, but I noticed a lot of repetitions going on. So, the question is, if I can schedule my activities, will that help speed things up?

The answer is yes. What surprised me the most is the amount of time saved in doing so. My productivity quadruples! That's amazing. Therefore, for this year, I resolve to plan  and follow through all my activities for the year.

So far, the result has been uneven. Some activities are easily done. Others, not so quick. The most important thing, however, is that the activities are done one after the other. There is no longer periods of indecision. That helps a lot.

I'm redoing all the directory pages and they will be in this format:

#N Title
Description
URL
Date

Sometimes, description is unnecessary. In those cases, I will omit the description. Also, there will be no more "ETA" notifications. I find that putting the date directly is sufficient. Obviously, if the date lies in the future, that means ETA.

I'm reserving News Directory for completed projects. It makes a handy reference if you just want to get to completed projects, instead of having to wade through my various journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment