Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lunch Journal #3 : Mold on my Bagel

 



I was just going to eat lunch, where upon taking out a bagel, I see some cobweb like thing on the bagel. Looking at it closely, I didn't see any spider. Research indicates that it is, in fact, some kind of fungi instead. Looks like some spores didn't get neutralized while in storage. The web looks like it has tiny black dots on the strands.

Obviously, this makes me throw out the whole batch. Although I only see it on one bagel, I'm not interested in finding out otherwise the hard way. This particular 6 pack comes from Safeway,  although I'm sure other shops are susceptible as well.

Research also indicates that screw top lid can be penetrated by bugs. I've been putting in bay leaf in most of my food storage,  now.


No comments:

Post a Comment